I walked into week 3 of the training program recovering from the flu, with low expectations of any good sessions. In the end I had one of the best weeks of training since completing the 10km race a month ago.
Beginner Olympic Distance Triathlon Training – Week 3
- Monday – 40 minute run
- Tuesday – Skipped Weights/Strength, had 4 immunization needles
- Wednesday – 30 minute Wind-trainer cycle
- Thursday – Weights/Strength
- Friday – Skipped 50 min run due to feeling feverish.
- Saturday – 40 minute run
- Sunday – 40 minute cycle, Plus 2km off the Bike run.
5/7 sessions complete – Good week
My most exciting moment this week was Sunday’s Ride/off the Run at Southbank. Gliding around West End, South Bank’s river front under the Story Bridge and back was a lot of fun, getting lost at the back of West End taking and wrong turn, found a landmark and was back on track, averaging 22km for most of the ride, steady and enjoyable. After putting my road bike into the car, I took off again to run along the Brisbane River for 2 km, completed in 11.13 minutes, very surprising and great effort!
Keep on Training!