Saturday was the last day of 2011, for me 2011 was a very goal orientated year, I started with 5 goals (read Goal Setting), and added a few more along the way. Reflecting on 2011 I realised that I had experienced a lot of Highs and Lows.
Here are a few of my own personal “highs” for 2011:
– Valentine’s Day Dinner with boyfriend
– Kayaking & the blow up boat when Camping with boyfriend
– Sushi Dinners with Louise
– One month without drinking alcohol
– Gold Coast Holiday for a week
– Supanova and meeting Battlestar Glactica Actors
– Bike ride to Redcliffe with boyfriend
– Obtaining a Permeate position at work, no more contracts!!
– Booking the overseas adventure with Flight Centre
– Going to Ekka with all my friends for my birthday
– Bridge to Brisbane 5km
– Colouring my hair blond
– Roller balding with Sarah in Brisbane City
– Many visits to GOMA with boyfriend
– Having house to myself for a month in October
– Learning to meditate
– Learning to swim
– Completing my first Triathlon
– Saving $7000 for my first overseas holiday
– Saving $10,000 toward my future home
– Going overseas to Vietnam and Cambodia
– Ticking ‘Visit Angkor Wat Complex’ off my Bucket List
– Riding an elephant down the South Gate of Angkor Wat
– Buying my First Road Bike and learning to ride it
– Spending the Christmas/New Year holidays at the Sunshine Coast
However, as I smile and reminisced, I also realised that 2011 has in fact had some low points. Here are a few of the “lows” from 2011:
– Loosing some lifelong friends
– Finding out my grandma had cancer.
– When my boyfriend broke up with me. We got back together a week later.
– Injuring my back falling down the stairs at home.
– Trouble sleeping for a long period of time.
– The week my dog Cooper wouldn’t stop vomiting.
– Sleeper train in Vietnam.
– Going to hospital in Cambodia because of an ant getting in my ear and biting it, also had a parasite infection and admitted for 1 night.
2011 was quiet a successful year for me, compared to 2010 where I was living pay to pay, decided to break-up with that terrible ex boyfriend, moved back home to mums due to only obtaining part-time employment, my thyroid crashed causing illness, and had to give a speech at a wedding. Highlights of 2010 were Supanova, being single for 9 months, going to ekka with friends, my birthday dinner night out, P&O Cruise to Cairns for mum’s 50th Birthday, meeting my current boyfriend, and climbing Mount Warning.
From the blog side of things, 2011 has been an amazing year for me. I have absolutely loved sharing some of my thoughts and experiences with you, and I honestly can’t wait for where things are going in 2012. I would just like to thank every single person that has taken the time to visit my site, and be a part of it. I really appreciate the support!
With more energy, and more peace, I am really looking forward to what 2012 can offer me.
Mars on Life.